Your Senior Real Estate Specialist - SRES
The National Association of Realtors recognized the specialized need of seniors and their families to sell an established home quickly and effectively. They have established a designation for realtors called Senior Real Estate Specialists (SRES). To earn designation a realtor goes through a comprehensive program which qualifies them to know how to work with seniors in the 50+ real estate market.
Specialties characteristic to an SRES designated agent would include:
- Knowledge of senior communities and housing restrictions
- Ability to work with seniors on sensitive issues when selling their property
- Understanding how real estate impacts Medicare and Medicaid laws
- Knowledge of retirement accounts such as 401k and IRA Accounts in relationship to real estate purchases
- Expertise in bringing in help with downsizing, packing, moving and relocation
- Resources to work as a team of realtors throughout the United States for relocation purposes.
With more of the Senior population downsizing or moving there has been a growing need for moving companies to specialize in the needs of seniors and their families. Some moving companies have added a department just for moving seniors.
Senior Moving services may include:
- Organizing and packing items and unpacking at the new home
- Downsizing by disposing of unneeded items
- Disconnecting electronics and reconnecting after the move
- Placing furniture, rugs and household items
- Personnel skilled to help with the emotional transition of seniors